As with about of United States, per annum I call for to come rising with more or less sort of dainty or gift to give to friends, teachers and co-workers. This year I am beyond excited most what we've put together…Hot Chocolate on a Stick! They are lovely and the perfect cozy, winter treat!

Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Because I loved the homemade marshmallows such finally December, I wanted to dress something that incorporated them again somehow.

Cocoa along a Stick is such a fun idea and I chafe use homemade marshmallows! Full confession – this is non my brilliant thought. The formula is earlier from the King Arthur Flour website, and another food blogger whipped them up net year and wrote virtually it. And, since I'm in confession mode, my sister-in-law Cora is the one who found the links to begin with! Formerly I saw the recipe, I instantly fell in hump and knew these puppies would be the treat for 2010! Wait, puppies are not the treat for 2010. Scratch that.

How to: Chocolate Blocks

I followed the marshmallow recipe that I used net year, and misused the King President Arthu recipe almost directly, with a couple of small tweaks. Please click Here for the marshmallows and continue reading for the cocoa blocks.

For planning purposes you should bed that the marshmallows have to sit for at to the lowest degree 4 hours before cutting, and the chocolate blocks wealthy person to sit for about 12 hours earlier keen.

Hot Chocolate Blocks:

From King King Arthur Flour

  • 1/2 cup fleshy pick
  • Unity 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 cups semisweet operating theater bittersweet nightshade chocolate, chopped or in chips (Jane note: I actually misused 1 cup 60% Theobroma cacao chips, 1 cup semi-sweet chips, and 1 cup milk chocolate chips)
  • One 4-oz bar nonsweet chocolate (broken operating room chopped into smaller pieces)
  • Wooden or cookie/popsicle sticks
  • 8″x8″ Pan, lined with lambskin paper

Method acting

Heat the cream and sweetened condensed milk over medium-low high temperature until it starts steaming, stirring periodically. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir and let sit for 10 transactions, then set back on medium-low heat and invoke with a whisk broom until chocolate is all melted and shiny. (At this point you could add some flavoring…vanilla, hazelnut, peppermint, whatever fits your envision!)

Pour cocoa into spread Pan and diffuse umber as level as you possibly hindquarters. Army of the Pure sit overnight (12 hours or thusly).

Remove chocolate from pan and cut, lead side nerve weak, into squares. Divide the block into sixths each direction, then your squares leave be a bit large than 1″ x 1″. Consumption a long, thin knife. Heat the tongue under hot water, wipe dry with a towel or paper towel, make a few cuts, then repeat the knife-heating procedure. Makes 36 squares, although those corner squares are wrought a flyspeck funny…you might just want to eat those straight up while you'Ra cooking. You need the energy for all this hard work.

For some the marshmallows and the cocoa squares, feel free to get creative with flavorings and/Beaver State rolling them in peppermint pieces, hot chocolate, etc. I just used a trifle vanilla in the chocolate and kept information technology simple. And they are still mighty delicious! One stick is good for about 4 – 8 ounces of tropic Milk River…depending on how chocolatey you like it.

Holiday Packaging

I clothed each stick in a square of cellophane and tied it with a pretty ribbon. I'm kind of in love with my fast chocolates along sticks.

For delivery, I packed the sticks in white lunch bags (I found some at Target) with the tops cut off so that the sticks would pound out the top. I then stapled a simple card printed from my figurer with directions for the chocolate. (Click hither to download cards you privy publish and use. Study information technology my holiday present to you!) For a few people I in reality Drew a snowman on the udder. Then I realized I was going to be drawing snowmen forever and I gave up.

You potty fit about 6 sticks in extraordinary bag comfortably. Because your cocoa wants to be well-to-do. Trust Pine Tree State.

I successful tercet batches of the chocolate blocks and 2 batches of the marshmallows. I was able to make well-nig 100 sticks, with marshmallows leftover.

How to make Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Also, I made sure to cut the marshmallows a bit littler than the chocolates, I thought they looked a niggling cuter and Sir Thomas More proportionate that way.

Hot Chocolate Blocks: altered from "Queen Arthur Flour"

  • 1/2 transfuse heavy cream
  • 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 cups semisweet or Celastrus scanden deep brown chopped or in chips (Jane observe: I actually used 1 cup 60% chocolate tree chips, 1 cupful semi-gratifying chips, and 1 cup milk chocolate chips)
  • 1 4 oz. bar unsweetened chocolate broken operating theatre chopped into smaller pieces
  • Wooden or biscuit/lollipop sticks
  • "8x8" pan lined with parchment paper
  • 36 pre-made Do-it-yourself Marshmallows
  1. Heat the cream and sweetened condensed Milk over medium-low heat until it starts steaming, soul-stirring sporadically. Move out from heat and add chocolate. Stir and Army of the Pure sit for 10 minutes, then put endorse on culture medium-low heat and agitate with a whisk until chocolate is completely melted and vitrified. (At this point you could add some flavoring...vanilla, hazelnut, peppermint candy, whatever fits your fancy!)

  2. Pour chocolate into prepared pan and spread chocolate as level as you possibly can. LET sit overnight (12 hours Beaver State so).

  3. Move out chocolate from pan and cut, upside face down, into squares. Divide the block into sixths each direction, so your squares wish atomic number 4 a bit larger than 1" x 1". Use a unsound, wasted knife. Heat the knife low-level hot water, wipe dried-up with a towel Oregon paper towel, micturate a few cuts, then ingeminate the stab-heating procedure. Makes 36 squares, although those corner squares are shaped a little good story...you might just privation to run through those straight up piece you'ray cooking. You need the energy for altogether this hard work.

  4. For both the marshmallows and the cocoa squares, feel free to get creative with flavorings and/or reverberating them in peppermint pieces, cocoa, etc. I just put-upon a little vanilla in the chocolate and kept it easy. And they are still mighty delicious! One stick is good for approximately 4 - 8 ounces of hot milk...depending on how chocolatey you corresponding information technology.

For planning purposes you should know that the marshmallows have to sit for at any rate 4 hours before cutting, and the drinking chocolate blocks have got to sit for around 12 hours before cutting.

Holiday Packaging: I wrapped each stick in a square of cellophane and tied it with a pretty ribbon. I'm kinda in be intimate with my hot chocolates along sticks. For bringing, I packed the sticks in white lunch bags (I found both at Target) with the tops cut off and then that the sticks would lick out the top. I then stapled a orbicular card printed from my computer with directions for the chocolate. (Click hither to download card game you can print and use. Consider IT my holiday gift to you!) For a few people I actually drew a snowman on the bag. Then I realized I was going to cost lottery snowmen forever and I gave up. You can fit all but 6 sticks in one bag comfortably. Because your calefactive chocolate wants to personify cozy. Confide me. I made three batches of the hot chocolate blocks and 2 batches of the marshmallows. I was able to make about 100 sticks, with marshmallows leftover. Also, I made sure to cold shoulder the marshmallows a bit smaller than the chocolates, I thought they looked a minuscule cuter and more symmetrical that way.

Make Hot Chocolate on a Stick

There you take in it! Hot Chocolate along a Stick! Happy Holidays!